Factoid: I have found that there is more hair on my helmet liner then my head. I am thinking that it just might be the 6 day socks,5 day t-shirt or the 14 day shorts that are causing the problem.
Petrol cost in British Columbia 1.48 per litre
6.29.08 - 7.1.08 Casper, Wyoming to Jackson, Wyoming
It was an early start and with the wind head on and the last remembrance of Casper was the Tokyo Massage Pallor(open) as I moved west. The first hundred miles was all prairie but once beyond Shoshoni, the landscape gets a lot better. And passing through Dubois everything improves from landscape to wild flowers. The Grand Teton National Park has been the best scenery yet of my travels. Fields of wild flowers which delayed my arrival into Jackson by hours. Jackson, Wy is probably the biggest tourist trap that I have encountered in my travels. The prices of a Big Mac is 2-3 dollars more then you can buy in Hawaii. The caravan site was 12 miles south of Jackson with a small market within a mile. I was a stone throw away from the loo and within walking distance of a cuppa early in the morning.
Spent a day just running around the Grand Teton NP looking for wild flowers and the odd gravel road. Made a loop ride that included going over to Idaho and return.
7.1.08 Jackson, Wyoming to West Yellowstone, Montana
Had a senior moment once I reached Idaho Falls and went west instead of east. Welll, after 350 miles of going in the wrong direction the brain, whats left of it, decided that we were in towns that just did not meet where I really should be. Did see a bit more of Idaho then I really wanted to but it was overall a interesting ride. Approaching West Yellowstone, there was a huge cloud of yellow dust, later to find out that it was pollen, and rain following. Wet gear was on in 5 minutes and it was a grand welcome to Yellowstone.
7.2 - 7.3.08 Yellowstone National Park
Spent 2 days running around the National Park trying to capture as much as possible on ye camera. You had to get an early start as the bulk of the tourist were in by 1000hrs. And of course you have the twit stopping in the middle of the road with hand extended with either camera phone or digital taking pictures of what ever. Heaven help you if anyone sees a bear, everyone stops and life comes to a stand still. The Bison is a ho hum affair but let a bear appear.....! Get a life and go to the zoo.
I did Old Faithful but my timing was off as he was not to spout off for another hour so I caught some of the minor pools burping away.
7.4.08 West Yellowstone, Montana to Missoula, Montana
Of course before packing up the tent it had rained with the added benefit a very heavy pollen residue all over it. It was through numerous small towns in Montana and of course traveling on the 4Th of July there were parades every where. I manged to get caught in 3 of them and the last one, a very small little weasel breath of a twit was holding a water gun. You guessed it, the twit hit me full on with a burst of water.
On my way to Missoula, traveled through Virgina City. An old mining town with a great bake shop. It is worth a trip back there just for its history.
Norm Garon
The Grey Nomad
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment